2014-01-08

Walk in the Rain


Couldn't take the miniature pinscher on a walk tonight because it was too wet and too cold. She hates both, and suffered severely from hypothermia on one occassion a month or two ago.

Love how the rain pools on the leaves and flowers.



I see this type of berry-looking fruit a lot this time of year. Have no idea what it is. Have yet to find someone who knows what they are called. I wonder if they just spring up naturally like a weed?


There is an old house in the neighborhood with interested motifs imprinted onto the stone and cement wall surround the front part of the house. Like the choice of Navy blue for the trim on part of the gate.


My iPhone doesn't do her any justice. It was hard to get enough light this late in the evening to capture a good shot.


This home in the neighborhood has a so-so house, but they have got very fancy metal work of the fencing. I have walked by this house a hundred times when walking the dog and never noticed it before. I guess the rain made the metallic surfaces stand out more than usual. 


The object behind the leaf and flower is a huge stone vase full of water. I have seen some homes or businesses put this big 20-gallon or so vases out and fill them with water plants or even gold fish!


My next door neighbor has some red-leafed bush in front of their house that is lit up right under the street lamp. They've got a nice, modern-style home. I like the small touches of minimal plants and greenery the housewife has added to their home.

Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment