2014-08-21

Blue Water Fins

Took these pictures at a river that is only about a 10-minute walk from home. The river is relatively clean, but like so many rivers in Japan, some household water waste spills in this very river. I am hesitant to let me dog play in this river. 

I wish there was some public information that was easily accessible on my iPhone so that I could check the water quality. Dogs and water aside, I love how the light from dimming sky played on the water surface. 

River [Pentax K-50] 1/320 sec., f/4.5, ISO 400 #river #evening #Japan #川 #夕方

Like the band of gold stretching along the water's edge. 

Ripples [Pentax K-50] 1/200 sec., f/4.5, ISO 400 #river #evening #Japan #川 #夕方

When I saw these ripples, I was suddenly reminded of the Loch Ness Monster or the movie Jaws.

Carp [Pentax K-50] 1/30 sec., f/4, ISO 400 #river #evening #carp #Japan #川 #夕方 #鯉

Carp [Pentax K-50] 1/30 sec., f/4, ISO 400 #river #evening #carp #Japan #川 #夕方 #鯉

My apologies for the over saturation and HDR effect applied to this pix.

Carp [Pentax K-50] 1/40 sec., f/4.5, ISO 400 #river #evening #carp #Japan #川 #夕方 #鯉

Like how parts of the carp stick out of the water. I wonder if fish can sense that a part of their anatomy is sticking out of the water or not?

River sunset [Pentax K-50] 1/200 sec., f/8, ISO 400 #river #evening #sunset #Japan #川 #夕方 #日没

Like how the water meanders from right to left and back again as it courses down the river bed obstructed by small sandbars and vegetation. 

River [Pentax K-50] 1/250 sec., f/5.6, ISO 400 #river #evening #sunset #Japan #川 #夕方 #日没

Wonder if anyone can guess the point of this shot? I was aiming for the width of the water cascading over the small dam while catching the reflection of the waterworks shed reflecting in the upper-left corner.

River [Pentax K-50] 1/250 sec., f/5.6, ISO 400 #river #evening #sunset #Japan #川 #夕方 #日没

Wish I knew what part of the camera setup makes the water look like flowing metal or jelly-like. 


Creative Commons License
The IDCS英会話 website by 池谷大星英語編集事務所 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright Ⓒ 2014 IDCS英会話
神奈川県小田原市栢山
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment