2020-04-28

Tama River Debris

After catching some shots of water flowing over the weirs on Tama River, I walked downstream a bit to an outcrop of concrete barriers that were just barely above the waterline. Although my dog (a border collie) was too scared to get any closer to the rushing water, I forged ahead to snap just one more shot of the debris from down river before the sunlight disappeared.

My feet got wet, and so did the tripod. But the water flow was not enough to cause any motion and I was able to get the composition that I wanted. 

I admit that the second shot below was a bit over-edited in Lightroom--specifically in the area of adding texture. I know it's not very well done, and I am quite embarrassed to be honest. Still, I just can't get over how I was able to make the photo look like it was made using oils on a canvas. Cheesy, I know, but it was fun to play with this kind of editing. Definitely not the kind of photo that I think I could sell.

Maybe after a year, I will start to get a handle on how to use Lightroom properly, and then  move onto Photoshop.

Below are the before and after shots:

Original JPEG shot out of camera

After editing in Lightroom

Tama River Debris
Pentax KP 68 mm ISO 100 for 1/5 sec at ƒ/7.1 with a CP filter.
#river #debris #FlowingWater #TamaRiver #Tokyo #Japan
#川 #洪水がれき #流水 #多摩川 #川崎 #東京

Commercial licensing, framed prints, and canvasses available at https://pix4japan.picfair.com


Creative Commons License
Pix4Japan by Iketani, Daisei is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license are available at Caubarrere Piché.

No comments:

Post a Comment